Tuesday, September 6, 2022

September 6, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Oh. What a Day.

Sunday started with a bad note, with my rear window shattered in Mississippi.  But it was quickly set up for the repair.  And the rest of the day was a pure delight.

At 11:00, friend Frances picked me up for brunch at Lanes.  We had a splendid time.  Fran is leaving for Italy in a week so we discussed her plan which sounded just fine.  Then she reported that her sister in law and her husband were buying her house.  They will use it as a summer home at first and then move to Liverpool full time.  Now all she needs to figure our is where she wants to live.  We had fun discussing all her many options, all of which seemed intriguing.  Our visit was just fine.

After I put my feet up, David N. stopped over with his new dog.  I had been busy and he was working hard so I had not seen him recently, but on Sunday we caught up with each others lives.  During the cruise, David took thousands of pictures so he has been enjoying looking at them all, but slowly.  He made a comment that during the cruise, time seemed to move quickly.  Now as he reviewed the picture, he is reliving the cruise, but in slow motion.  And he is enjoying the journey all over again.  His dog Maggie was well behaved and very sweet.

Then at 4:00, Anna and Abe picked me up for our early dinner at the Quarterdeck.  The weather was glorious so our very pleasant dinner was a splendid end of my wonderful day.  Days don't get much better than today.

No comments: