Sunday, September 4, 2022

September 4, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Shattered Glass.

 Christina drives my car at least once every week.  She often uses my car when she is checking my house which she does every weeks.  She collects and opens the mail and checks the house for leaks.  Today, when she closed the door of the car, the glass at the back of the car cracked and then shattered.   She was not going to drive that car today.  But she texted me with her sad tale.

I called my insurance company, Amica, even though it was Sunday morning.    It took them a bit to find the policy because they were still using the address at the ranch, a place we sold five years ago.  But we finally got it all sorted out and discovered that I had insurance for the broken back windshield but with a $200. deduction.

I was sent on the phone to the glass department and made an appointment for Thursday, to be done at Christina's house.  Perfect as Christina does not teach on Thursday.  Within 30 minutes, the problem ws solved, at least it will be if the come on Thursday.  Pretty efficient.  I was pleased.  And so is Christina.  

No comments: