Wednesday, September 7, 2022

September 7, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Lunch at my house.

Larry and Jan brought me lunch today.  They always bring me lunch which is grossly unfair.  I can not drive and they prefer their own cooking to eating at a restaurant so I can not even take them out for lunch or dinner.  So they bring me lunch and we sit in the living room and sip wine.  Then we eat their delicious lunch.

Gill was visiting me when they arrived at 1:00 so we all invited her to stay for lunch which she did.  Larry brought a Greek salad full of wonderful things.  In addition we ate baguettes and butter.  We sat in the living room eating our delicious salad and bread.  And we talked.

For the first time since 2020, Larry and Jan are going to England to visit family and friends.  So we had a lot to talk about because Gill is also going to Toronto in October and taking a 4 month cruise in January.  And I am taking the train across Canada in October.  So travel was on our mind.  Finally we ate strawberry shortcake for dessert.  Whew.  We had a wonderful lunch sitting in my living room eating the food prepared by Larry.    I wish them every success on their journey to England and Paris.  They leave Sept. 15 so I will not see them until I return in June of 2023.   Our lunch today was a great success.  Good food and great company.  Once again, I feel fortunate.  

No comments: