Friday, September 23, 2022

September 23, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Anticipation.

The storm is coming.  Yesterday we had high winds.  Today the surf was high.  25 surfers could be seen in the waters of Gull Bay, anticipating that the waves would be high.  But they were higher than yesterday but were not huge.  Unfortunately, by tomorrow, the winds will be too strong to allow the surfers into the water.  And we are supposed to get torrential rains.  In anticipation of the storm, everyone has gotten prepared.

All deck furniture has been removed and everything outside tied down.  Trash cans are in the garage.  My bathtub is half full of water.  I have bottles of drinking water in the garage.  Friends are bringing me food, enough to last through the storm.   David N. brought me split pea soup.  Mary Mac. brought dinner.  Wendy brought me two sandwiches and one dinner from Sobeys.  They were shopping for themselves so just brought me goodies too.  So I am set for food.  

 Everyone anticipates that the electricity will be cut off, which means no water.  Our well water requires a pump which needs electricity.  The  toilets require water thus the need for more water in the tub  We are been warned to expect three days without power.    I have two flashlights on each floor.  Now I anticipate a big storm, at least the weather tells us so.  Even though the storm will hit the other side of Halifax, PEI, Cape Breton and Newfoundland, we on the south shore are in for a big storm with heavy rain, high winds and storm surges  pounding the shore.  I am anticipating high waves which will be beautiful. I am as ready as I can possibly be.  So bring it on.

No comments: