Tuesday, September 20, 2022

September 20, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Funeral of Queen Elizabeth.

 Some how or another, I felt as though Queen Elizabeth would live forever so I was surprised when she died.  This makes no sense  because she was 96, but her mother lived to be over 100 and up until two days before she died she seemed to be doing well, even meeting the new prime minister.  But she died.  And then the show began.  And what a show it was.

I do not approve of inherited positions so am against the royalty.  But Queen Elizabeth has done a masterful job of being Queen.  She was the Queen for so long no wonder I thought she would continue her role for evener.  But when she died, the pomp and circumstance took over and the whole thing was beautifully done.

I did not get up early to watch the funeral but I did watch last evening.  And I must say, it was beautifully done.  Not a step out of place.  The whole thing was impressive.  Evidently, the Queen had written the whole service herself, many years ago.   It was definitely a funeral for the ages.  

No comments: