Wednesday, September 21, 2022

September 21, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Fiona, a Storm.

Fiona at the moment is a hurricane but by the time she hits Atlantic Canada she might be a tropical storm but no matter what she is called, she will still pack quite a punch.  I am told to expect high winds, heavy rain and big waves.  Along with the occasional tidal surges we might be in for a big storm.  At the moment, the path of the storm seems to be coming on land further north but we on the south shore will still feel the results of Fiona.  So we must get ready.

When the electricity goes out, we have no water so tomorrow I will fill the bathtub.  And I will check out the flashlights.  Friends are busily taking in outside furniture too.  Fortunately, my deck is empty, thanks to Anna.  So if we have an electrical outage, which always happens in a storm, I will be set.  I live in an old house, well set up from the water.  This old house has withstood many storms so I am not nervous.  And the trees are well away from the house.  During the storm I sit looking out the window and watch the waves beating in to the shore.  Now that is quite a sight.

My friend Wendy was hoping to see big waves before they must return to Maryland.  It appears that her wish will be granted.  Beginning Thursday night we are supposed to get high winds followed by rain.  By Friday, the waves should be high enough to be interesting.  So here we go.  Yet another storm is coming to Atlantic Canada.

No comments: