Monday, September 19, 2022

September 19, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Sleeping.

 Most of my life, when I went to bed, I went to sleep, immediately.  Ken was always jealous because his sleep patterns were not mine.  I went to sleep and stayed there.  ken was up and down all night, reading, listening to tapes.   Even if I did not sleep through the night, I stayed still and stayed in bed.

When my back was hurting in Nova Scotia, I struggled to get out of bed because I had a sharp pain in my back trying to get out of bed.  That was when I learned the beauty of Ken's recliner.  So when David and Suzanne were here and I fell, they bought me another recliner for my bedroom so my back troubles bit by bit decreased.  I still used Tylenol but I slept on my new recliner every night and stayed out of the bed.  That recliner was a godsend because I got a good nights sleep.

My back is much better so two weeks ago I started sleeping parts of each night in my bed.  And my back did not hurt.  Last night I started off in bed and slept for four hours.  After going to the bathroom I went to the recliner for two hours and finally returned to the bed for two more hours before getting up.  Soon I will not have the recliner on the train so I need to be able to sleep well on a bed all night.  I am getting there.

If you had asked me ten years ago if I would have trouble sleeping  when I was 84 I would have said no.  Not sleeping was never an issue for me.  But it is now ! !

No comments: