Saturday, September 3, 2022

September 3, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Seafood Chowder.

 Every restaurant in Nova Scotia serves seafood chowder.  And every cook in Nova Scotia cooks seafood chowder.  But even though the ingredients are similar, every bowl of seafood chowder you eat in Nova Scotia tastes just a little bit different.  But I will tell you that friend Mary Mac makes the best seafood chowder in the world.

In the middle of the afternoon, Mary walked in with a big container of seafood chowder that she cooked for lunch. and brought the leftovers for me.  This is the first time I have eaten her chowder this summer.  It was worth the wait.  It was full of everything good: muscles, scallops, fish, lobster, shrimp along with potatoes and a bit of onions.  I ate it for supper tonight and it was delicious.  And I have enough left over for another day.

Both Lanes and the Quarterdeck serve really good chowder but I always wait to eat friend Mary's seafood chowder.  It was worth the wait.  For lunch today, I ate with the Ely's and Gill. at Lanes.  Gill said that her cup of chowder was excellent.  I must admit that even though Gill was at my house when Mary delivered the chowder I did not invite Gill to come back for supper.  I felt sure that eating chowder twice in one day would not please her fancy.   Perhaps I will ask her tomorrow if she would enjoy my leftover.  Or maybe not.  It certainly was good.  

No comments: