Thursday, September 8, 2022

September 8, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Beth and Ben.

I enjoyed my self thoroughly.  And I was delighted that Beth and Ben took the time to come to visit .  They had been camping in Nova Scotia and PEI, using a small trailer.  On Wednesday, their plan was to take a sail on the Blusnose, then come to say hello to me.  I suggested they stay for dinner and stay the night here before beginning their drive home to Ontario and work which would begin on Monday.

I decided not to use the caterer.  We ate smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers and crackers while sitting at the kitchen, camping style.  Anna had cook a lasagna so for dinner, Beth heated it in the oven and made a salad.  We ate sitting in the living room.  And for dessert, we ate a fudgesicle from the freezer.  And they loaded and started the dishwasher.  So dinner was fun and easy, with their help.

My sister Carol had two sons, Ben and Peter.  I have always felt part of there lives but after Carol died, I realized that what linked me with Ben and Peter and their families was Carol so I have felt disconnected from the boys.  I was pleased that Ben and Beth decided to visit me.  And we all agreed to do a better job of keeping in touch.   Our visit was short but good.  And our future will be more connected.  We have promised!!

No comments: