Friday, September 9, 2022

September 9, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Bold Atlantic.

Finally, the Atlantic Ocean is bold.  This morning, the surfers were out in force in Gull Bay, right in front of the house.  The waves were not high but there was enough surf to get a good ride.  They left mid afternoon but the waves got bigger later in the day so more surfers appeared.  They are quite a sight.

But tonight the ocean is downright noisy.  The waves are crashing into the shore.  Unfortunately surfing at night is dangerous so I hope no one is out in the water right now.  But the waves sound high so if it continues over night, at break of day I will be able to see all the little shapes out in the water.  At first I think the black shapes are seals but on closer inspection I can see that the black shapes are people on surfboards.  

All summer, the ocean has been calm.  Only one day could we see any waves.  Even then, there were surfers on that day trying their best.  Today they were getting long rides.  I bet they are hoping the waves  will be high  tomorrow morning.  Certainly, my bedroom is still noisy right now.  I will listen during the night whenever I am awake.  Great sound in my bedroom.  Just like a lullaby .

No comments: