Sunday, September 25, 2022

September 25, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Airline Tickets.

There is something about ordering airline tickets that pleases me and I have no idea why.  Perhaps it is the anticipation of another journey sometime in the future.  Or perhaps it is merely another check on my to do list.  I have always kept lists of tasks needing to be done so I am used to checking off the items on my list. I still use lists now even though my accomplishments are few.  I keep lists of tasks for Anna when she comes.  But I think the pleasure that comes with arranging airline tickets has more to do with the anticipation than merely an item to be checked off.

This week, I ordered my tickets for Mexico.  I arranged the accommodation last January but now the trip seems more a reality than an idea.  I was pleased when I was finished.  Ken always booked our flights, using the internet.  But my vision makes it difficult for me to use ordering on line so I use the travel department of American Express Platinum card.  And they do a good job.  But it is time consuming.  The interesting thing is that the agents live all over the place.  I often speak to a lady who lives in New Brunswick.  And one man loves in Chicago.  Evidently there is no central office.  

And Wendy has booked her tickets to Mexico too.  Now I am smiling in anticipation.  The accommodation is booked and the airplane tickets have been ordered.  So here we go.

No comments: