Monday, September 26, 2022

September 26, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Storm Food.

I do not remember this happening in past storms but this year, prior to the storm, friends brought me meals.  David N. brought a container of his home made split pea soup.  Sue and Steve brought me a full meal along with Steve's luncheon salad.  Wendy and Clausen brought me two deli sandwiches plus a full dinner of roast ham  And Mary Mac. brought me dinner every evening last week.  My fridge was full of good food for me to eat throughout the storm.

And of course, when they bring me food, they also stop for a visit and to make sure that I had everything I need to weather the storm.  They made sure that I was well supplied with water and flashlights along with a charger for my devices.  It was all very reassuring.  And they all admonished me to contact them if I had any trouble.  Fortunately, we were let off lightly.  Those further up the shore were not so fortunate.  But between my efforts plus my friends, I was ready.  And I ate very well throughout the storm.

No comments: