Saturday, June 10, 2023

June 10, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Lawrence Welk.

I really dislike the fund raising at PBS.  They run special shows, replacing the ones I really enjoy watching.  Most of the the special shows are repeats, which I watched years ag so I never watch them.  Except for tonight.  They showed a tribute for Lawrence Welk, showing his life story and his career.  It was first produced in the 90's but I missed it and as I watched Lawrence Welk on TV on Saturday evening, I decided to watch it.  But of course I switched to the hockey game when they were raising money.

Evidently, they revamped the program this year so the music and the dancing moved right along.  It was just like walking down memory lane.  The singing and the dancing and all the music s were top drawer .  And I loved it.   Many of the musicians are no longer alive, so that was fun to see as well.  So for once in my life, I really enjoyed their fund raising program, thanks to Lawrence Welk.  He was a farm boy from North Dakota whose family moved from Germany.  He spoke only German until he was 17.  He taught himself to play the accordion.  And he made it big in the world of music and television.  I enjoyed every minute listening and watching all those talented people.  Great fun for me.

No comments: