Wednesday, June 28, 2023

June 28, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Jan & Larry.

 Chris and I were invited for lunch by Larry & Jan, good friends who now live full time in Liverpool.  Today was the first time to be sing them this summer, so it was an exciting event.  I have eaten at the lovely big old house on Main Street many times.  It is always a special event.  Both Larry and Jan entertain graciously and the food is always exceptional.  Today was no exception.  Chris and I had a grand time.   We arrived at the appointed time of 1:00 and we got home at 4:30.

We started by talking while we sipped a glass of wine in the living room.  And we ate shrimp  While Jan and I talked, Larry gave Chris a tour of their old and renovated home.  And we talked some more.  I had not seen them since last Fall when I left so we had a lot of topics to cover.  Next we adjourned to the dining room where Larry brought out a big platter of salad.  It looked beautiful and was full of olives, ehhs, tuns, tomatoes, beans and of course, greens.  It was delicious.  And fresh bread, which I did not eat.  Lunch was delicious.

Our lunch with Larry and Jan was everything I expected.  I enjoyed every bit eand every moment in their beautiful home.  They are good friends and I was delighted to see them today.  Once again I feel fortunate to be here, enjoying myself with my good friends.  It was a special event.

No comments: