Monday, June 19, 2023

June 19, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Our Last Brunch.

 First we ate two dozen oysters between the four of us.  Our brunch on Sunday had a festive air because we were having the last brunch of the Spring season.  On Tuesday Christina and the girls travel to Boston and then on to Maine while I leave on Saturday for Nova Scotia.  We were celebrating at Sal & Phils, our favorite seafood restaurant.  Their food is excellent with a New Orleans flavor.

Next I ate a bowl of gumbo.  I can not taste that gumbo in Nova Scotia  so I like to order it just before I leave Mississippi.  And I do it again the first time I return.  Both Christina and Molly ate shrimp, which were boiled.  Then they pick the shrimp and eat it.  Delicious though messy.  They both ordered a pound of shrimp each although Christina went home with a box.  Mary Frances ordered the dish we eat often which is red fish.  We enjoyed our food.  And we enjoyed each others company.  We celebrated.

No comments: