Thursday, June 8, 2023

June 8, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. My Gift.

 Sarah just graduated from law school.  Now what should I give her to celebrate her achievement?   When she graduated from high school we gave her a painting, one of our collection.  When she graduated from college I gave her money.  Now what would be appropriate when she graduated from law school.  I was puzzled.  When David and Suzanne were here I asked.  Suzanne told me that every Christmas on her gift list appeared art.  So obviously, Sarah like to collect art.  So I thought about it and realized eventually that I had a whole lower level of beautiful art, which I never saw because I do not go downstairs.  So I decided to give her two pieces from my own art, but all from the lower level.

At first I wanted David and Suzanne to select the two pieces.  But instead they took pictures of all the art from the lower level.  They were staying in the guest room down there.  After they left I called Sarah to tell her about her gift.  And they sent her the pictures.    She was thrilled.  She will be renting an apartment in Dallas.  She not only was delighted with the art but she was especially pleased that the art came from the art collection of her grandparents.

Yesterday, Portia took the two paintings to the Par Mail man who will crate up the art and sent them to David and Suzanne home in San Antonio.  When Sarah is settled into her own apartment in August, they will drive Sarah's belongings, including her new art and all the rest of her art that we have given her over the years.  I am pleased that she is pleased.  It was such a good idea.  Sometimes things just work out well.

No comments: