Thursday, June 22, 2023

June 22, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Portia.

 Portia is by far the best helper I have had in Mississippi.  She was referred to me by the same company, Sitters, Inc. when my long time helper moved to Texas.  Portia is tall and young and ambitious.  She has a two year nursing certification.  Now she wants to become an RN so in mid August, she is going back to school, which means I will not to be able to work with her after tomorrow.  But I am delighted for her.

Portia has a sister in law, Lisa who has the same credentials as Portia.  Lisa works with a Hospice Company.  Portia has encouraged Lisa to sign on with Sitters Inc. and to come and help me in the Fall.  Today, Lisa came to meet me and tour the house.  And I liked her.  So when I return at the end of September, Lisa will start helping me .  The first Monday at 8:00, Lisa will walk in the door and start helping me.  Everyone at Sitters Inc. are pleased with the arrangement.

Portia is a fine young woman and an excellent helper.  She is energetic, enthusiastic and competent.  And she is fun too.  Portia and I have interesting conversations, which I enjoy.  For instance, we discuss race, which is difficult to do with black people.  And she has a good family.  She is single and works out at the gym.  And she is well organized.  She works with me five days a week, from 8 to 1.  Then she works at a nursing home from 2 to 10.  She is saving to go back to school.  I have enjoyed working with Portia and I wish her well with her future education.  But I will miss her.

No comments: