Friday, June 23, 2023

June 23, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. PET Scan.

The last thing I wanted to do before I flew to Nova Scotia was have a PET Scan but when I was supposed to have a scan on June 6, my glucose level was too high so it was cancelled.  Instead, Dr. Gregg gave me medication to lower my levels, which did not work.  So she prescribed more medication, which finally worked to bring my glucose level below 200.  All this week, my levels have been below 200.  So today my Pet scan could be done.

I suspected that the new chemo was working because my back was not hurting so much when I sat in hard chairs in restaurants.  Last Wednesday when I had lunch with Donna my back did not hurt at all.  Sure enough, all the cancers  everywhere in my bones and liver have decreased, which is good.   The bad thing is that my Oncologist would only take one month of the Piqray with me to Nova Scotia because I do not have an Oncologist looking after me.    In my opinion this was ridiculous.  But what can I do.

Nifty Norm, my nephew has been working hard to help me but to no avail.  No one will take me on as a patient.  So I will take my new chemo for July and then hope for the best that good food and clean air will keep me healthy.  But the PET scan is encouraging.  Now I leave tomorrow for Nova Scotia where it will definitely not be too hot!!.

No comments: