Wednesday, June 7, 2023

June 7, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Spring Cleaning.

 Poor Chantes.  Every time he thinks has competed the exterior Spring Cleaning he finds more problems.  His final task was repairing the roof of the front stoop.  I knew it was not secure because the man who installs the Christmas lights was not able to attach the lights on the arched cover because  the wood was not secure.  After Chantes repaired the walk and restored the pillars, then he could five the overhang, which he did.  Except it was a much bigger job than he expected it would be.  Most of the wood ended up to be rotten.  But now it is fixed.

In the back deck we installed glass on the top of the railings.  When Chantes was making a final inspection, just two days ago, Chantes discovered that one of the side supports was rotten, so that needed to be fixed.  Finally, one task remains, which he told me about yesterday.  He showed me the picture of what needed to be done.  His other crew is working on a major project and he an Garbielle want to get over the help with his new project.  But first he must finish here at my house.  Just a week ago he told me that he would be finished in two days.  But things keep popping up.

I want hime to get everything done.  I hope that would be this week. I have great confidence.

No comments: