Thursday, June 29, 2023

June 29, 2023. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Fog.

I like fog.  It is a bit spooky.  I live by the ocean.  I can hear the ocean.  But this year, since my arrival, I have been unable to actually see the ocean most of the time, due to the fog.  When I lived in Vancouver,  I experienced lots of fog.  When walking to school in the fog, I could hear footsteps across the road but I could see no-one.  I just could hear the steps.  It was kind of spooky.  This fog is not spooky at all.  I just like it.

Fortunately, Chris is not bothered by the fog.  He does not really mind the rain.  It has rained very day and every night since we arrived.  Fortunately he brought a rain jacket because he has need to wear it every day.  He says he does not mind either the rain or the fog.  He just ventures out every morning exploring.  Yesterday he spent 2 hours in the sculpture gardens.  And he was duly impressed.

I hope before he leaves on July 8th he will see some sun.  He has not even been able to walk on the beaches due to the heavy rain.  We meed rain here in Nova Scotia.  The Spring was dry.  So we really want the rain to keep coming.  I am hoping we have at last a bit of sun.    But there is no reason to fret.  I actually enjoy the rain and the fog.  Eventually, we will have a sunny day.  I have promised Chris.

No comments: