Sunday, June 11, 2023

June 11, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Parties.

The Roses Bluff Home owners Association held a summer barbecue party at the swimming pool and recreation center.  This is the first time since we moved here that the event was held.  The  area is lovely, with a well equipped kitchen and large lounge area along with multiple tables outside around the pool.   I knew the event would be pleasant.  But I did not attend.  My friend Carie was  the one to organize the event.  She is now on the board of directors.   I should have gone.  But I did not and I am not sure why.

I suspect that I have gotten in the habit of saying no.  For years my immune system was so compromised that I stayed away from any large groups.  But my white cells are normal.  But I am still saying no.  Now my reasons for staying home has to do with vision and stability.  And of course access.  My neighbor Donna brought me over a plate of food from the party and she assured me that she would have taken me down to the party in their car, although they walked.  But there are  bunches of stairs into the pool area.  And parties are difficult because I can not really move around much with my walker.  And I can not really see people either.  So I stay home.

But I have a suspicion that I have gotten into a rut and always saying no.  Interesting.

No comments: