Friday, June 9, 2023

June 9, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. PET Scan.

This morning, very early, I was scheduled to have a PET scan.  My Oncologist wanted to know what was happening to my cancers now that I have had 6 weeks of the new chemo.   But in order to have a PET scan, my glucose levels must be under 200.  Yesterday my levels were too high, so we cancelled.  Now it has been rescheduled for June 23, the day before I leave for Nova Scotia.  So we will see what my numbers will be at that time.  Dr. Gregg is still adding medications to bring down my levels, but so far, no major change.

After my PET scan this morning, I was to have two different types of shots followed by a meeting with Dr.  Sheehan, my Oncologist.  But she decided to see me only after the PET scan.  So all I did today was the shots, one to build up my bones and the other a hormone that goes along with my chemo.  The good thing was that I was out of the office in just under an hour, which pleased me.  So now I just take my medications and hope for the best that in 2 weeks, my level will be under 200.  We are going to find that out very soon.

No comments: