Sunday, June 18, 2023

June 18, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. My Gospel Fix.

 I grew up singing gospel songs.  The old hymns still run through my head.  So O love listening to gospel songs.  Fortunately for me, I am able to listen to those old gospel songs on the television in Mississippi.  I get my gospel song fix every Saturday evening.  And I love it.

RFD, the rural channels runs an hour of The Gaither Gospel hour at 5:00 on Saturday evening.  I get to watch and listen to the singing and the interview.  Yesterday I listened to George Beverly Shea sing all the songs he sang at the Billy Graham Crusades, which he did for almost 50 years.  Did you know that he was a Canadian, born in Winchester, Ontario.  And did you know that he was still singing in public at age 95.  I saw a clip last evening. of him doing just that.  And he sounded good.  He died at an old age, perhaps 105.

PBS runs another  hour of Gospel Music at 7:00.  Last evening was a new quartet.  And they were good.  Each evening, a different group of artist is presented.  And they are all good.  I will miss being in Mississippi when I leave on Saturday because no gospel music can be found on television in Nova Scotia. But here, every Saturday evening, I get my fix of gospel music.  And I do love to hear all those grand old songs.

No comments: