Tuesday, June 13, 2023

June 13, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. The AAA Lady.

 For the first time in my life, a  lady came to help me from the American Automobile Association..  I was surprised when she came to the door.  And I was pleased.  No reason that a woman could not replace my battery.  But up until now, since 1965, a man always came to help.  

Portia and I walked to the car in the rain.    We had three errands.  But the car would not start.  So we came back into the house and I called  AAA.  And they came to the rescue.  Unfortunately, by then it was pouring rain so after the car got a boost, Portia moved the car into the garage so the technician could install a new battery.  Now I am in good shape for the next three years.

When the AAA lady was in the living room and I was paying my bill, I told her that I was surprised and delighted to have a lady helping me.  She told me that she was the first woman battery technician in Mississippi 16 years ago.  But no more.  She actually signed on to become a tow truck operator, what she called a hook and haul job.  But the teacher urged her to learn about batteries, because she is short.  Now she loves her job.  "Everyone is happy when I am ready to leave," she said.   She was efficient and pleasant.  Well done  battery lady.lady 

No comments: