Friday, June 2, 2023

June 2, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Simple Systems.

 Chantes brought me a bill for supplies.  Iw was mid morning.  I did what I always do.  I asked Portia to rad the bill.  Next I paid the money I owed him.  Then I asked Portia to put the receipt on top of the pile on my desk.  All very simple.  Chantes has been working here for over four weeks.  When he brought me the first bills, Portia asked her what to do with the bill.  And she asked me if she should throw it out.  I said no.  And I delegated a spot on my living room desk so we could keep the receipts.  All in chronological  order.  And there they stayed.  One pile on my desk.  Doing nothing.

But later in the afternoon, Chantes came in and asked for the receipt.  His son Michael was at Lowes to pick up the lumber but they had no record of the sale.  I told Chantes where Portia had put the bill and he found it, which of course was on the pile of all the receipts.  Chantes took a picture of the receipt, sent it to Michael on the phone.  And the problem was solved.  Michael appeared with the lumber to finish their task.  I was pleased that my simple system finally reaped results.  Good thing  the receipts were not put in the trash.  Whew.

No comments: