Monday, June 12, 2023

June 12, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Home Repairs.

 Today Chantes removed most of his equipment from the garage.   All the defects on the outside of my house have been corrected.   The work was finished late Friday night but he left his tools and equipment until this morning.   His list was long but finally it is all done.  He and his worker have been here for five weeks.  I have actually been enjoying have them working here eery day.  I like to be told the progress when Chantes would report to me every evening just before he left for the day.  I am delighted that all the work was done and is now completed.  I am even more pleased to not  write any more cheques..  

Now in Nova Scotia, friend David is hard at work at my house.  Last week he went to repair rotted wood on the deck.  And he was going to repair a hole in the shingle.  George patched the hole last summer but it was never repaired properly.  Now George is too busy so David is doing the job.  Unfortunately, the shingles all around the hole was found rotten and the whole width of the house needed to get new shingles.  So now David has a big job now.  Today he reported good progress.  And he sent me pictures.  The task is much bigger than anticipated.  But the work must be done.

When David first began to fix the hole, he called me really upset because he thought I would be upset.  He sent me pictures.  But I told him that I expect trouble with that house.  Sitting by the shore, the house gets the full brunt of the wind and sun and rain.  No sense being upset.  If you live by the shore you can expect deterioration in the house.   I think this task will be still not completed when I arrive.  If so, David will be working at my house every day until the job is complete.  I will be pleased when it is finished but I am delighted that the work is being done.  Hurrah for David.  And hurrah for Chantes.

No comments: