Thursday, June 15, 2023

June 15, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Little Things.

Little things in life give pleasure.  Today Portia and I ran the errands we could not do when my car would not start.  The timing on Wednesday pleased us because when we walked to the car, it was just sprinkling rain.  But by the AAA lady came to install a new battery, it was pouring.   Portia and I chuckled about our timing.  Had we gone on our errands on Wednesday we would have gotten soaked.  But today we got everything done.  And we did not get wet.  And we laughed.

One of our errands was to go to a battery store to have the batteries in my remote gate clicker and for the FOB to start my car.  The young man who looked after me was delightful.  He made a mundane task lots of fun.  Simple things such as get a chair for me so I could sit while he changed the batteries.  And he chatted with Portia while we waited.  He was pleasant and efficient.  And he clearly enjoyed his job.  We were only in that store for ten minutes or so but he made every second a pleasure.  We left with a smile on our faces.

My phone does not keep a charge as long as it did a year ago.  Portia said I needed a new phone.  So we went to the AT&T store.  The man in the store was pleasant and helpful.  And he told me that I did not need a new phone.  But he suggested that we go to another store 2 minutes away so they could perhaps change the battery.  So we went.  And the lady told me that I did not need a new battery.  She said that a new battery would only increase my power 12 5.  So she told me to keep my money.  And just plug in my phone more often.  Sp I was given good advice by two pleasant people.  They could have taken my money which would have been in their interest.  But they did not.  I left happy.

Yes indeed.  The little things in life bring great pleasure.  And put a smile on my face.  Portia thinks I need a new phone.

No comments: