Friday, October 1, 2021

October 1, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. My Lost Slipper.

I have gotten smart. When I arrive home tired from a long journey, I do not force myself to empty every case. I merely find night medications and go to bed, knowing that tomorrow will be a better day. But even the day after a trip, I have discovered that my brain is not totally in gear so I try not to do anything serious but just go through routine tasks. Once at work I used the wrong day on my calendar and wondered why I was missing appointments. So now I take things easy on myself the day after a journey. Last evening I put on my slippers and nightshirt and went to bed. It was late. I went to sleep. In the middle of the night I went to the bathron, putting on my slippers. And I came back to bed and went to sleep. In the morning I could find only one slipper beside my bed. I looked everywhere. I thought I had kicked it under the bed but I could not find it. I searched in the bed. I even asked the air conditioning man to search under the bed for the slipper. No sign on the slipper. I looked everywhere, in the bathroom the dressing room and the bedroom. No slipper. My case was open on the other side of the bed so I was not able to totally remove the sheets and quilt, but after I finally put away the backpack and small case, I removed the bed clothes and lo and behold, my slipper was way on the wrong side of the bed. I must have gone back to bed wearing one slipper and during the night, the slipper came off and got pushed to the other side of the bed. Finally, the lost is found. And I am happy. Now tomorrow, my brain will be fully engaged...maybe.

No comments: