Tuesday, October 5, 2021

October 5, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Ultra Sound.

When we first left Maryland, we needed a whole new set of doctors in Mississippi. Fortunately, the Mississippi Health System is excellent. Dr. Cotton is my cardiologist. At first, he wanted an Ultra Sound of my caroltid arteries every three months to be sure I was stable. Then we went to every six months. Next I convinced him to have one once a year, which we have been doing ever since. But a year ago, he moved me back to every six months. Evidently there were changes. So today I had another Ultra Sound. The good news is that they are easy and very high tech. All I do is stay still while the technitian makes pictures of my arteries while I listen to the swoosh as the blood can be heard pulsing around. I had my last one in March. This afternoon the nurse called to report. Dr.Cotton had reviewed the test. No change had occurred for the past year, which would be three tests and my blood flow in both artieries were good. The left carotid is occluded but the smaller collateral arteries are doing their job. So he recommends we return to taking the next ultra sound in one year, which pleases me. Now I have an appointment with Dr.Cotton near the end of November. This is all good news for me.

No comments: