Sunday, October 24, 2021

October 24, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Football.

Much to my surprise, I enjoyed watching part of a football game tonight. The game was held in California and it was pouring rain the whole game. I was so interested watching the game in the horrible weather that I got to like it. No other sport would continue playing in that terrible weather. But those players seemed to enjoy it. I stopped watching football a few years ago. The penalties were constant. Almost every play ended up with a penalty flag. I know they were trying to protect the players with the new rules but the games dragged on and on. The injuries were horrible too. Every game players were being carted off which was not pretty to watch. And finally, the leage got political which was irritating. I watch a game to see the expertise of the players, not to be lectured to by these rich players. So I banned football from watching, which I know hurts only me. I did not even watch college football. I became a purist. But no more. This evening I actually enjoyed watching the football game, which was won by the Colts. I loved the terrible weather. The penalty flags were not so frequent. And even in the heavy rain, I saw some great plays. Also the Sunday evening commentators are the best which gave me added pleasure. I will see if I watch any more games this year. But for tonight, I had fun.

No comments: