Friday, October 29, 2021

October 29, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Winter.

In the middle of the night on Tuesday I woke up feeling cold. I put another quilt on the bed and went back to sleep. I kept the quilt on the bed Wennesday night too. On Thursday, when Kashina changes my sheets, I asked her to put the flannel sheets on the bed. She put the extra quilt in the closet, thinking that the flannel sheets would keep me warm. But I retrieved it in the middle of the night, which is how I stayed warm. When I got up at 8:00 this morning, the house was cold so I did what I should have done yesterday, which was turn on the heat in all three thermostats. The living room was 59 and the bedroom 62 so I went back to bed to let the house warm up, which it did in thirty minutes. Kashina warned me that I needed to turn on the heat but I thought I would be fine. But I was not. Now winter has arrived in Mississippi. Today the temperature was 52 high and all this week it will be 46 during the night. But I am set. My house is warm and cosy except for the bedroom which I keep a bit chilly. Once I turn on the heat, I hate to switch back to airconditioning, until Spring arrives, so I hope we do not have any very hot days. But for the moment, Winter has arrived to my house and I have turned on the heat. Along with my flannel sheets I am ready for the Winter.

No comments: