Tuesday, October 12, 2021

October 12, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. The Eye Doctor.

I always have this irritanional idea that when I go to visit the Eye Doctor, my vision will get better. From a young child, whenever I had an appointment with the Eye Doctor, I would leave with better vision because I was prescribed stronger lens. All of a sudden I could see the board at school and I could see the leaves and not just the trees. This does not happen to me anymore but it still sticks in my brain that maybe this time my vision will get better. Then reality strikes. Yesterday I had an appointment with Dr. Kosko and I asked him if everyone feels the same as I do, that he will wave his wand and fix my vision. He just laughed but he did wish he could do just that. But he can not. My vision is not worse. My pressures are perfect and my range of vision has not changed. My retina in my right eye is still like damp wallpaper so sometimes I see well and sometimes I look through a gray haze. So my vision comes and goes. The good thing is that my vision is not getting any worse. Dr. Kosko said that this is just about the best he could do. I thanked him for all his efforts. I see him next March when I return from Mexico. Maybe by then he will have a magic wand.

No comments: