Wednesday, October 13, 2021

October 13, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. The Dentist.

Yesterday I was at the dentist. In the middle of my proceedure I was wondering why on earth I ever decided to make the appointment. Water was dripping down my neck and water was being drained from my mouth which I did not like. I tried to think of all the reasons why I do not like going to the dentist. Then I remembered how much better going to the dentist is now rather than sixty years ago. And I cheered up. Dentists do not really hurt you any more. They just make you uncomfortable. Ten years ago I put crowns on my front teeth. But I retired before I had done the last tooth so I ignored it. The problem was that there was a small opening between the last crown and the uncrowned tooth, where food got stuck in that space. Every time I had finished eating, I needed to remove the food between the teeth either with dental floss or with a piece of paper. When I was at the dentist to replace a filling in the Fall, I decided to ask the dentist about my crown which was never done. I made a date in the Fall to get rid of my need to remove the food between my teeth. Now the time had come and I was wishing that I had left it alone. Now I have a temporary crown. In two weeks I return to finish the job. Then I will be really finished. And I hope to stay away from dentists for ever. Even in Mexico I have not been able to have my teeth cleaned because of Ibrance and Covid. Perhaps I could have them done this year when I hope I am not on Ibrance and the risk of Covid infection will decreased. Dentists do not give any pain but they certainly make you uncomfortable, perhaps because you can not talk. Now that makes me unfomfortable.

No comments: