Monday, October 25, 2021

October 25, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. The World Series.

I have always wondered why it is called The World Series? The only two countries involed are Canada and the United States. If there was a playoff between Japan and the US perhaps it could be The World Series. Never the less, The World Series 2021 will start tomorrow evening when Houston will play Atlants in Houston. I look forward to some good games but I am hoping for Houston. After all, I am almost a Texan. For many years, I watched very little baseball on TV and I certainly did not follow the teams. But I always watched The World Series. My Father liked baseball so the World Series games were always on the radio. When the Salvation Army held national meetings in Toronto, he always escaped a meeting to attend a baseball game, which did not please my Mother. He used to say that he had spiritual indigestion, so he stole away for a game. Also in elementary school, two teachers allowed us to listen to the series games on the radio during the day. Both of the teachers were men and both loved baseball. Between my Father and Mr. Clarke and Mr. Bowering, I learned to love The World Series. And I still do. Now I am looking forward to a good series. Atlanta won the fewest games of any of the other teams that got into the playoffs. But in baseball, anything cam happen. So here we go.

No comments: