Saturday, October 2, 2021

October 2, 2021. Madison, Mississippi.. A Close Call.

I knew my time in Toronto would be tight. I had 90 munutes to get off one plane and get on the next. Toronto has a large airport and I needed to go through another security check, then clear customs before heading to my next flight. I was told that this would not be a problem. They were correct. I made my next flight but I was the last passenger to board. My problem turned out to be the system Air Canada uses to transport wheelchair passengers. They do not hire people to push the wheelchir folks. They use their Air Canada agents. In the large Toronto airport, they use a shuttle system so each segment is pushing me to the next spot wnen the next agent will take over. The problem was that Air Canada is short handed so I was required to wait three times for the next agent appeared. The last two ladies pushed me fast and I got on the plane before they closed the door. But it was a close call. Most airports hire people to push passengers like me. For that, they are paid minimum wage. And I give them a tip for transporting me. The only good aspects of the Air Canada system is that the agents refuse to take any money, so I save money. But I made up for it at DC Reagan airport. I was leaving on American airlines, which had their gates in the new terminal. Fortunately I had three hours because the poor man must have pushed me for forty minutes or more. He hugged me when I gave him his tip.

No comments: