Sunday, October 24, 2021

October 23, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. The Overhead Light.

For the last two weeks the overhead light it the bedroom would not work.. I assumed it was burned out. When I was speaking to Chantes about the roof, I mentioned it to him and he assured me that he would replace it the next time he was there. Fortunately I did not ask him to come to change the bulb even though I am unable to change it myself. I just used another light that does not give much light. Ken and I never liked the lights in the TV room and our bedroom so the year Ken was ill, Chantes installed a light fixture in the TV room and the bedrrom. They both work great except now the bedroom light was burned out. Yesterday when I walked into the bedroom and tried to turn on the overhead light, which of course, it did not light up, I stopped to look at the switch. I had just turned off the dining room light, which has a dimmer switch and I discovered that there was a dimmer switch on the bedroom switch too. I never knew it existed but there it was. When I pushed the little part of the switch to the top, the light went on. For the past two weeks the light would not work because I must have inadvertantly pushed the dimmer switch to the bottom. Foolish me. Ken often said of me that I was seldom in doubt, but often in error. This is another one of those events that keep me humble. I knew what was the matter with that light. But I was wrong. Now my light works fine and I laugh at myself every time I turn on that light. Now I ask myself why it took me two weeks to take another look? I have no answer but at least I eventually took another look. But it is interesting.

No comments: