Monday, October 4, 2021

October 4, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Scans.

Some time in my life I would like to stop getting scans. I know the technology is cutting edge and I know that the doctors and I learn much about my body which is valuable for treatment, but I do not like them. Today I had yet another PET scan. The young men who run the machines make my life pleasant and I enjoy their company. I have had so many scans that they all ask me about Nova Scotia when I return. But I would prefer not to meet them. The good aspect of the results today is that the cancer in my back ribs that can be seen in the last scan is gone. This is good. But the dye has infiltrated into my upper left leg and my sternum. It may be nothing so I am stopping Ibrance at this time. But now I must have a bone scan in two weeks to find of what is happening. I assume it is not a problem at least until after the latest bone scan. I have never had a bone scan so this should be interesting. Always, when you go to a doctor, another appointment must be made either with another test or to see another doctor. Another scan in two weeks. So here I go again.

No comments: