Tuesday, October 26, 2021

October 26, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. My Life of Luxury.

I am a lady of leisure, says son David. In addition, I am living a life of luxury. This dawned on me just today. At 7:30, Kashina arrived. While I was in the shower, she prepared my breakfast. In addition, she changed my 3 large water containers, took the trash out to the road and started the laundry. Then she drove me to get a pedicur at 9:30. While there, Kashina went to the grocery store for me, using the list I provided. She came back to pick me up and we returned home for a short time while she folded the laundry and I looked at e mails. At 11:30, Kashina took me to Amerigo so I could have lunch with friend Lisa. As always, we enjoyed ourselves. Then Lisa brought me home. It was then when I decided that I was living the life of Riley. On the way home from the pedicure, we drove to the bank so I could take out cash. I use cash now in restaurants. It avoids me using the credit cards. I only use my cards when ordering on line. Here is another example of my luxurious life. Son David keeps enough money in my account so I can withdraw funds. I live on my income except for large projects at the houses or for major excursions when I must transfer funds from investments. Christina tracks my accounts and pays my bills. And son David tells me that unless I do something stupid, such as buying another property, I should have enough money to last the rest of my life. So I do not worry about money which is indeed a luxury. This new sense of luxury is new to me. Ken and I worked hard from our beginnings. We scraped and saved. Now I am reaping the benefits of that hard work and careful investments. I must say, I am enjoying my life of leisure.

No comments: