Wednesday, October 6, 2021

October 6, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. My Water Glasses.

I like to have a glass of water beside each of my chairs. In Nova Scotia I use large plastic glasses given to us by Dave & Irene many years ago. We used them outside on the decks on Franklin Street. Then I took all 8 to Nova Scotia for the same purpose. But now I use three of the glasses beside each of my three chairs, one in the TV room, one beside the living room couch where I eat breakfast and read and one by my big chair in my bedroom where I read each night. I like using them, especially when my helper Anna keeps them full. Here in Mississippi I use beer steins as water glasses. I like using them because they hold lots of water and I never use them for beer. One comes from Ontario, blue mountain pottery that I bought for a song at a yard sale. Another is a stein I bought in Hershey, Pa. attending a real estate meeting. It is made of the same clay and glaze that was used many years ago in Pennsylvania. In the olden days, the potters put chaircoal in the kiln which gave the clay black flecks. I like the old fashioned look. The other comes from Austria and I have no idea where I got it but it is blue and heavy. Kashina fills my water steins first thing each day she works. One belongs beside my breakfast chair in the living room, one beside the couch where I read e mails and one beside my chair in the TV room. I like using these steins. I have owned them for many years. Now they get daily use. I like that.

No comments: