Friday, October 22, 2021

October 22, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Kashina.

Kashina has helped us for almost four years. She helped Ken the last year of his life. At that time, she worked all day, sometimes 7 days a week. We got to know her well. Fortunately, she was staying here overnight because Ken had an appointment with the physical therapist in Jackson and he needed to start his day early, so she was here when Ken died. At that time, all she did was look after Ken and take him to his appointments. But after Ken died, in the middle of the night, I decided to hire Kashina two days a week. I realized that without a helper, I was stuck at home. She started working for me two eight hour days. And she helped me around the house too. She drove me to my appointments and drove me with errands. The first year I asked he to take me on excursions in Mississippi but she does not really enjoy these meanderings, so I stopped asking her. Then she asked if she could work three short days a week, arriving at 7:30 and leaving at 12:30. This was fine with me so that is what she does now. She does my laundry, changes the bed, empties the dishwasher and takes out the trash. She drives my car to appointments and she does the grocery shopping. In general, she helps me do anything I ned her to do. This year she has been cooking too. I ordered lots of vegetables that are frozen so each week she cooks two of the frozen packages of veretables, which I eat on throughout the week. On Tuesday she also cooked two hamburg patties. I never actually ask her to cook from scratch but she helps me by cooking these boxes and then leaves them in the fridge so I can just dish out a bit at a time. What Kashina does in her life is to help. She is limited with her interests but she is certainly helpful to me. And I appreciate all her efforts.

No comments: