Monday, October 18, 2021

October 18, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Wind Chimes.

My wind chimes are getting a workout. I hope the neighbors enjoy the sound of them clanging all night long. They sound pretty and I like them. When we first moved into this house, Ken discovered a set of wind chimes in the front patio. The problem was their positioning. They were attached to the corner of the garage wnere it ws shielded by the house and the garage so the chimes never rang, because there was no wind. He moved the wind chimes into the back yard and hung them on the corner of the patio. Along the shore, the breezes blow constantly, so our wind chimes always sound beautiful. However, not everyone likes the sound of wind chimes. One day at the outdoor farmers market aross the street in Mexico, Wendy, Ken and I spotted a man selling wind chimes. One set was large with a deep sound, which both Ken and I loved. I suggested they take a set home for their back yard. I learned that Wendy does not enjoy the sound of wind chimes. Turns out that a neighbor at the cottage had a wind chime, which Wendy would hear from her bedroom, which she did not enjoy. One winter, the chimes fell down and Wendy was pleased to see that the wind chimes had been broken. So no wind chimes for them in Ancaster or the cottage. My wind chimes sing all the time, which I like. Often I hear them in the middle of the night. But I always wonder if my neighbors like the sound too. I am kind of afraid to ask because I have no intention of taking them down. I love the sound of wind chimes and am happy when the wind blows so I can hear them chime. I hope they like it too.

No comments: