Saturday, October 16, 2021

October 16, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Home Owners Association.

I have never liked Home Owners Associations. They seem to be difficult to deal with, especially when they have committees responsible for architecture and landscaping. Ken and I have avoided purchasing in areas with a home owners association. When we lived in the condo in Chevy Chase, the association did a good job and we had no trouble dealing with them. David and Suzanne have had oodles of trouble with their associations. Even now, they are unable to do anthing with their front yard because their committee will not approve the plans, even though the plan is identical to the neighbors. So I do not like these associations. Now I live in Roses Bluff, a neighborhood with a home owners association. We were given a big booklet with all the rules, which we did not read. The day after I returned from the summer, I received an e mail telling me three violations on my property, which did not please me. Number one was the large recycle bin was left outside the garage door. Garbage bins may not be visible from the street. I keep them in the garage and I have no idea who left it outside. I had already put it in the garage the day after I returned. The second violation was with the garage doors. I had mildew on the bottom of the doors and I was required to power wash the doors. Who knew this was a violation. My yard man power washed it this week so now it is perfect. The third violation was with the roof. After the tree fell on the garage, it ripped shingles from the roof so Chantes covered the hole with a blue tarp. He will reroof the whole house but he was waiting until the Fall. Now I am on his list. In the meantime, the association must wait for him to find the time. I will do my best to move him along. But in the meantime, I am irritated with these busy bodies poking around finding fault. I guess these people mean well but I want them to get a job. I do not like these associations.

No comments: