Thursday, October 28, 2021

October 28, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. BLT.

Does anyone know who made the first BLT? I certainly do not know. But whoever it was, it was a genius idea. Christina shops for me before I arrive home after a long stay away. She buys bread and milk, cheese and fruit and anything that catches her fancy. This time she bought 2 packages of cooked bacon. She always buys tomatoes and lettuce. All I need to do is heat up half of the package and eat it. Perfect for me who does not cook. I have been home here in Mississippi for four weeks and during that time, I have eated four bacon, lettuce and tomatoe sandwiches. They were delicious. Today at noon I ate my main meal but when it got to be 8:00, I decided I needed to eat something. The house was chilly so I needed to warm up so ater poking around in the fridge, I decided on a BLT. I toasted the bread just a bit. Next I heated the bacon and sliced the tomatoe. Then I put them all together, using mayonaise on the toast. I use lots of lettuce so my sandwich is thick. Finally I watch TV while eating my delicious meal. Tonight I watched football. There is nothing better than enjoying a BLT for supper. Gold star to Christina for providing all the ingredients. Actually, Kashina shopped for me to get more tomatoes and lettuce when I ran out. I certainly enjoyed those four sandwiches.

No comments: