Saturday, October 9, 2021

October 9, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Baseball Heaven.

If you love to watch baseball, this week would send you to baseball heaven. Every day i could watch multiple games. And I loved them all. First were the wild card one game, loser goes home. I used to be a purist with baseball and playoffs. But no more. Those wild card games are exciting, especially when the Yankees get to go home. Next up were 8 tams trying to win their division, so four series of the best of 5 series makes for a lot of games. Every day I could watch part or all of all the games. By today, I am a bit jaded but I still watched part of most games. I love watching the spectacular plays. Baseball players are very skilled and I love to watch them in action. Lots of infield plays please me. Even the so called routine infield hit is difficult. And I like the strategy of watching the players move their positions, often with every pitch. But the thing I like best is that you can not tell what will happen in any one game or on any one team. For instance, the Tampa Bay Rays had the best record in baseball. I picked them to get through to the world series because I had seen them play during the year and they looked to be a good team. Their first game against Boston they looked unbeatable. But the second game, Boston eat them badly. Go figure. So I will follow all four series. Then we go to only two series of 7 games. And then the final 2 teams, playing for the so called World Series. I will enjoy them all. My memory is playing tricks. The Giants against the Dodgers? That was what I heard on the radio many years ago. Now I am watching them on TV. Great fun.

No comments: