Tuesday, October 19, 2021

October 19, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. A Bone Scan.

A bone scan is different from a PET scan. The technology is totally different. There are similarities. First they inject dye into your vein. With a PET scan, you wait for an hour before taking the scan. With a bone scan, you are dealing with nuclear medicine. Radio active dye is put in your vein. You then must chill our for three hours until the dye reaches the bones. Then they take pictures of your bones. The actual scan take 30 minutes. They take three pictures. And then you are done. I needed to have a bone scan because during my PET scan, some dye bled into two areas of my body, where I have never before seen cancer: my sternum and the top of my femur. My results from the bone scan were not great. On the scan, two bright glowing areas could be seen in the sternum and the femur. Up intil now, I have had no cancer in my long bones but now I do. So I will be back on Ibrance and hope it works again. For some reason, My Oncologist wants to see me in two weeks but without furthur scans I can not imagine why she wants to see me. I will try to talk her out of it tomorrow. These high tech scans are remarkable. But I like them better when they give me good resulta!!

No comments: