Monday, October 11, 2021

October 11, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. A Clean House.

There is no better feeling in life than coming home to a clean house. Today I left at 9:15 for a doctor appointment. My cleaning lady was already hard at work when I left. I use a company , Bev's Cleaning Service, who provides me with Teresa, who is the only one I have used from that company. Teresa told me that her Mother did not know how to spell Theresa, so she has always been Teresa. She is a good lady, strong and hard working. And I like her. I loved arriving home to the clean house today. Last Monday, I arrived home from my scan to find that Teresa was still working. Normally she has gone by noon. But she wanted to see me and welcome me home, so she just kept working until I arrived. She also wanted to give me her good news. On her birthday, just last week, her boyfriend proposed. She was excited just telling me. Teresa is 41 and lives by herself and supports herself with her cleaning work. I knew she had a boyfriend, who is a policeman, but there was no talk about marriage. Then he proposed. She told me that she has never been so excited. She told me that she thought that she would never marry but now her wedding is set for February. She told me that she has been on Cloud 9 ever since. In addition to feeling good coming home to a clean house is another good feeling that comes from getting married to the person you love. For Teresa, it is better than a clean house. I felt special just being a part of her joy. Evidently some things never change.

No comments: