Saturday, March 12, 2022

March 12, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Day Light Savings.

Tonight we spring forward with the clock. Instead of getting up at 8:00, it will actually be 9:00 so we we miss an hour of sleep. Once upon a time, many years ago, day light savings must have sounded like a good idea so the government passed the law introducing the swith in the time, twice a year. Every state except Arizona agreed to the change. One other statee also does not followcc the daylight savings switch but I forget which one. In Arizona, the clocks do no spring forward. They just stay at standard time. In the world of today, day light savings makes no sense. We have air condition in the schools. Farmers hate it. The whole thing is just silly. But no one does anything about it. Once something is passed and implemented by the government, trying to get the foolish rule changed seems to be impossible. This day light savings time is a perfect example. I have asked many people, and no one likes it. In fact, most folks hate it. But nothing happens so we dutifully switch our watches and clocks twice a year. We are lemmings. I am all for staying on the same time all year. Get rid of the changing clocks. That is my vote. But no one asks me so I continue to spring forward tonight, along with everyone else. I certainly hope to get to the brunch on time tomorrow!!

No comments: