Friday, March 4, 2022

March 4, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. My Capri Pants.

In Mexico I have two pair of capri pants, one white and the other a cream color. I wanted to wear the white pair when we were going out to dinner. I had already put on a white top. In the closet, I could not tell any difference in the color so I asked Wendy to tell me and to give me the white pair. She found the white pair but in the better light she told me that my white pants were actually pink. I must have washed them with red clothes and they were now pink. "Definately pink," said Wendy. I just laughed and wore them anyway. No one would look at an old ladies pants anyway, so out we went to walk to the restaurant. The color was not the main problem. The elastic was limp so I needed to hitch up my pants regularly. Walking to the restaurant was not a problem becaus I was walking holding Wendy's arm so I could hold them up with my other hand. But coming home was different because I always return with both arms holding arms so I had no ability to hitch up the waist band. But we managed. Regularly I would need to stop walking to fix my pants. Eventually we arrived home without my pants falling around my ankles. I then put the pants into the laundry. When Wendy was folding my pants she brought the pants to show me. Not only were my pants pink but also there were blue stripes around the bottom. Both Wendy and Anne agreed that the pants needed to be pitched. But not me. I brought the pants back with me where I will take the pants to a lady who makes alterations. Next week, Kashina will take me. Then I will store them until I return to Mexico next December. I am not sure if I am just cheap or that I really do not enjoy shopping. I might even bleach them while I am in Mississippi. I will then return with white pants that has good elastic. I will be happy.

No comments: