Wednesday, March 2, 2022

March 2, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. My PET Scan.

Every time I have a PET scan I assume it will be clear. But my last scan on Monday did not turn out well. Even my Oncologist, Dr. Sheehan was surprised. The only cancer spot on my rib just before I went to Mexico was on a rib on the back. So we decided to not use Ibrance because the cancer was so small. But that turned out to be a mistake. While I was leading the life or Riley, my body was churning out cancer sells. I have new cancers on the base of my spine. I have a new cancer on my liver. An old lesion on a rib at the front has come back. And the tiny spot on the rib at the back of the rib has now grown. In addition, I have inflamation in my lungs, which has left me with a cough. I am taking antibiotics for my lungs. And starting on Friday I will begin a new chemotherapy treatment. I do not remember the name but it is similar to Ibrance but was approved two years after Ibrance. For the past two bouts of Ibrance I was required to do radiation so perhaps my system has stopped responding. Now I will take new chemo which I must take every day morning and night. And I must read the side effects. When I was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer in the fall of 2014, I knew that the cancer was everywhere in my body. And I knew the cancer would come back. But the young Oncologist in Mexico told me that breast cancer was a manageable diease. She was correct. My life expectancy in the Fall of 2014 was 4 to 5 months. But here I am in 2022. Some day in the future I expect to have a scan with lesions all over my body. But this is not now. In the meantime, I am managing my diease

No comments: