Sunday, March 27, 2022

March 27, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Spring.

When I arrived home to Mississippi at the end of February, the back yard looked like winter. I like trees in winter because you can see every branch and limb. And I like looking at the shape of the trees without their leaves. The view from my windows overlooking the reservoir pleased me. In addition, with no leaves, the sun warms up the house. I love sitting in my breakfast chair with the sun beaming down on me while I eat. I look east so the morning sun shines on me and I like it. But now the magic occurs. I have been watching the bushes out of my window and last week I could see tiny buds appear. What used to look like a dead stick is showing signs of life. Next I could see tiny leaves growing. Now I can see the buds on the trees down closer to the water. My whole yard will be transformed. In a few weeks, the trees will be fully leaved and I no longer will be able to have the sun streming into my room. This will be good because soon the temperature will rise and I do not wish the sun to shine into my house. Spring is the beginning. And it is just like magic. In addition, the streets are lined with flowering trees. The whole town is alive with color. The azalea bushes are in bloom too. I have been home for a month but the place does not look anything like it did when I arrived. Spring has sprung!!

No comments: